Take a stock resume + cover letter – send it unedited. This is what I received today -absolutely as it is
I am a MCA. I will be much pleased (include the core of Cover Letter here). Here by I do attach a copy of my resume for your kind reference.
Core part of a Cover Letter.
· To work in a globally competitive environment on challenging assignments that shall yield the twin benefits of the job satisfaction and a steady-paced professional growth.
· To work efficiently and effectively as well as grow with a prestigious organization in field of production, maintenance, and designing. So as to achieve self realization and accomplishment of organizational goals.
· Seeking a challenging and satisfying career in Web Application Development environment.
· To work in a creative and challenging environment using cutting edge technologies where i could constantly learn and successfully deliver solutions to problems.
· To develop my career as a Software Engineer where I will be a valuable team member, contributing quality ideas and work for an organization where there is an ample scope for individual as well as organization growth in Software Design and Development.
· To be an excellent software professional and move into higher technology areas which provide an environment to improve my technical and analytical abilities.
· To be in a position in a result oriented company that seeks an ambitious and career conscious person where acquired skills and education will be
The letter was not signed, a resume was attached and sent. The girl had above average marks, so I presume she is not dumb but what made her think that a company would even consider her as a probable candidate -specially when there are several 100 resumes that compete with her.