Off to attend barcamp mumbai tonight.
Looking forward to meeting a lot of people tomorrow at the barcamp. Sunday morning will be spent birding at the Sewri bay. Back on Sunday evening.
May 11, 1994.
12 in a dozen. 12 months in an year. 12 hours day, 12 hours night. 12 inches in a foot. 12 signs of Zodiac. 12 cranial nerves. 12 pair of ribs in human body. 12 tribes of Israel (old testament). 12 apostles of Jesus (new testament). 12 Function keys on my keyboard.
Its the silk anniversary.
I need advice from food experts –
Yesterday night I made the following for dinner
1) Cool cucumber starter – boiled cucumber whisked in curd, some mint, some chillies (very little) topped with crushed ice, finely chopped cucumber pieces and chopped mint
2) Soup – chicken stock, sweet corn, shreds of chicken, corn flour (to thicken the soup) garnished with green onion leaves
3)Cold chicken salad – boiled and shredded chicken with cabbage, coriander, black pepper powder, some chillies and cream
4) Dinner Rolls (bought from bakery)
5) fruit cups – mango, grapes and apple in a large bowl, poured some orange squash over it (1.5 teaspoon for every bowl) topped with fresh whipped curd.
While planning I thought this would be a perfect balanced as well as an interesting meal. However when we sat down for dinner, I felt there is something lacking. Some thing to eat the bread with perhaps (butter I did not want)
I need suggestion for
1) an alternate carbohydrates containing dish to go with the meal
2) If bread, then what to go with it .